The key benefits of having Virtual Private Server is it’s security, it’s best features include its quick access pace, all information and data safety as the servers don’t have to physically share, augmented server control and lot more. In business it plays a major role where stronger, accessible hosting services are required. However, if you are the owner of that VPS, you do not want it to be compromised. That means you need to be security aware, even if you are running a very temporary virtual machine. Philippine Web Hosting Provider will give you few easy tips on how to improve the stability and security of your Virtual Private Server:
- Disable remote root logins via SSH –Don’t be caught without adequate security, although your service provider will probably give you a root account at start, you do not need to login as root every time you access your server. Instead, you should create a separate user account that can escalate to root when necessary. Disable root logins in your SSH settings to add security.
- Apply secure passwords – Most often than not passwords is the weakest links in server security. Impose a secure passwords to any of your users and routinely change it for maximum security.
- Use a secure file transfer method – FTP is not secure. If you have sensitive data or even if you just want to protect your password, you should use your encrypted SSH login. SFTP is one method you can use.
- Keep your software Up-To-Date– Your VPS is still your responsibility, and unless your service provider tells you that they will perform updates on your behalf, you need to keep your server updated. Most updates will provide security fixes, Installing the updates on your server is crucial and strongly recommended. You can keep your server up-to-date using your distribution’s package manager.
- Religiously Backup Everything – Prepare for any untoward incident, if there is any chance that you will need something, your back up will provide for it. Routine, off-site, automated backups will ensure that if something ever goes wrong with your VPS, you can easily recover.
- Use Correct File and Directory Permissions – Access permissions are as follows: read, write and execute are available for three different categories of users: owner, group and others. With these permissions you can determine who can access or modify the files. This makes them very important for the security of your server. You should ensure that all files and directories have the correct permissions.
Your Virtual Private Server is not totally the same as dedicated server, however the administrative work it needs is very similar. Your need to give full attention in order for you to enjoy the great benefits of VPS. Keep it secure, to avoid attacks which may harm or even destroy your data.
Sign up for your web hosting need with Instant set-up. Once received, your order is processed immediately and you will be up and running in no time see us now at www.mswebnetwork.net.
Non-Oversold Shared Hosting
Linux and Windows VPS
Fully Managed Dedicated Servers Contact Us Now Billing Direct Number: +632.9667459 Fax/Support Number: +632.5767737 Mobile Number: +639063801544
- No public Twitter messages.