As the world of internet and websites continue to grow almost all website or online enterprise use web applications of some form. Static HTML trends are gone, We adopt on scripting languages, databases, and other tools to dynamically generate our websites as they are requested but unfortunately, threat is also widely spreading aiming for web application vulnerabilities on scripts, database weaknesses, and web application security flaws. Philippine Web Hosting Provider will give you tips that may help you prevent unwanted visitors from doing nasty tricks to your website.
1. Keep software updated - If you are running your own server, make sure the OS and all software is patched and up-to-date. The majority of security breaches are not to steal your data or deface your website, but instead attempts to use your server as an email relay for spam, or to setup a temporary web server, normally to serve files of an illegal nature. Even if you are using shared hosting, make sure that any third-party scripts are updated with the latest versions. You should always err on the side of caution, and the tips that follow embrace this spirit.
2. Use an application firewall – With reports stating that over 80% of all web sites are contain vulnerabilities that make them susceptible to Cross-Site Scripting, SQL Injection, and many other exploits. There are tools that can help you tighten the screws on your web server. The meticulous inspection of web traffic that web application firewalls perform has also earned them the nickname “Deep Packet Inspection Firewalls”.
3. Run vulnerability scans –Running a vulnerability assessment is fundamental for any organization. Find the vulnerabilities and security holes before a would-be attacker has the chance. Some vulnerability scanners will also look for signs of known malware based on the computer’s behavior rather than actually scanning the files for known malware signatures. In some cases, this approach can help uncover issues that an antivirus might miss, especially if that malware is being protected by a rootkit.
4. Stay informed and be Cautious – This is especially important if you are using third-party web applications. Major security concerns are usually widely published with fixes and/or workarounds easily available. If you must use file sharing, do so with the utmost paranoia about security. When you’ve downloaded a file, isolate it and, if possible, execute it from a virtual environment to ensure it’s safe before letting it into your true computing environment. Subscribe to security news feeds and be prepared to act when necessary.
The internet is full of thieves and vagabonds united by one common goal to scour the Internet in an attempt to exploit known security issues in software. Web applications provide a lot of benefits over traditional static web pages, but as the saying goes, “With great power comes great responsibility.” You must be proactive and keep a regular security routine to make sure you and your server safe online.
Looking for a reliable web hosting with 24/7 support system visit www.mswebnetwork.net. Choose our Web Hosting packages and avoid bleeding revenue and slow website for your business. Join our growing family now!
Non-Oversold Shared Hosting
Linux and Windows VPS
Fully Managed Dedicated Servers Contact Us Now Billing Direct Number: +632.9667459 Fax/Support Number: +632.5767737 Mobile Number: +639063801544
- No public Twitter messages.